From Malibu to the Hollywood Hills, Los Angeles has always been unapologetically vain about its stunning views. And those views are best observed high above the noise, craft cocktail in hand. Whether you came to party, or are looking for a more civilized affair, there’s something for everyone. It’s no surprise that many of my favorite rooftops are attached to hotels—from the luxurious Waldorf Astoria to the Ace Downtown, I’ve tried them all. Scroll down for my list of the 10 best rooftop bars in LA, and let me know your favorites in the comments!
My picks for the Best Rooftop Bars in LA
- Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills: At $18 a cocktail, you’re paying for the view and it’s so worth it.
- Perch Downtown: good for brunch, dinner or just cocktails. Live jazz every evening.
- Intercontinental Downtown: this newly opened hotel has a rooftop bar everyone is talking about.
- 71 Above: With a view like this, you won’t care that you’re inside.
- The Huntley Santa Monica: A favorite spot of the locals, the penthouse is the best view of the Pacific that you’ll find.
- Mama Shelter Hollywood: Popular with the 20something crowd, I prefer this rooftop during off season.
- Hotel Erwin Venice: A bohemian, laid back vibe with views of Venice Beach.
- Ace Upstairs: Always booming, ultra cool, I love this place for happy hour.
- Sky Bar West Hollywood: This was the place when I first moved to LA, and it hasn’t lost its charm. Legendary.
- The Chamberlain West Hollywood: A little off the radar, this rooftop is a must visit for the gorgeous cabanas alone.
Photos by Ashley Burns Photography
WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE ROOFTOP BARS IN LA?