34 In Before + After/ Decor/ Los Angeles

Before + After: Our Completed Remodel

We survived! Barely. It’s now been four months since we closed escrow and we basically built a new house in that time. There are still things that aren’t complete (like the downstairs powder room…don’t get me started) and the patio will be next, but all in all, we are very happy with our home renovation. Thank you for coming on this crazy journey with me…I’d love to know what you think! Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going on vacation (I wish).

Sadly, I didn’t get as many before demo photos as I thought I did, but you can check our progress photos here, here and here.   Now for the home tour!

BEFORE

AFTER

Credits: Kitchen (Ikea), Rug (Anthropologie), Faucet (Delta), Pendants (Rejuvenation),  Flush Mount (CB2), All the White Paint is Benjamin Moore Decorators White

BEFORE

IMG_20141005_152529

AFTER

Cabinet Pulls (Atlas Homewares)

BEFORE

IMG_20141005_153231

AFTER

Floor Tile (Granada), Shower Tile (Hexagon from Royal Stone), Rain Shower (Delta)

Paint: Benjamin Moore Onyx, Vero Towel Bar (Delta)

Provence Vanity (Home Decorators), Turkish Kilim (Vintage from Ebay), Lotus Pendant (Vintage from Etsy), Wall Sconces above Mirrors (Light with Shade on Etsy), Mirrors (Restoration Hardware Baby & Child)

BEFORE

IMG_20141005_153303

AFTER

Rug (nuLOOM), Pillows (One Kings Lane), Side Tables (One Kings Lane, though I want the ones from Restoration Hardware…one day!), Lamps (Vintage), Bed (Ballard Designs, Similar one here)

BEFORE

IMG_20141005_153354

AFTER

Vanity (Home Decorators), Rug (Lulu & Georgia), Sconces (Lamps Plus), Mirror (West Elm)

Decoupage Tray (John Derian from Liberty London)

BEFORE

IMG_20141005_153407 copy

AFTER

Floor Tile (Royal Stone), Rain Shower (Ouku)

BEFORE

IMG_20141005_153316

IMG_20141005_153329

AFTER

Paint: Benjamin Moore Smoke Embers (Nope, I can’t get enough, we used in our last place too!)

BEFORE

IMG_20141005_153102

AFTER

Light (School House Electric), Frames (West Elm Gallery Frames)

Of course I could never have done it without some very special people…thanks to my rockstar realty team The Louvet Group, who listened when I said “this is it” even when our first offer was completely ignored (we actually didn’t buy the place until 3 months later), thanks to my patient contractors Richard Sterman & Ken Bass of Palisades Kitchen & Bath, to Caitlin Murray & Caitlin McCarthy who consulted on the design, to my dear friend Karen Rauber of Rauber Homes who gave me so much great advice, to Kishani Perera for always helping with the final flourish.  Dave’s dad for flying out to help with the paint. My mom… for EVERYTHING she does for us. To my friends who listened to me talk about this renovation ad nauseam. AND, of course my amazing husband for not divorcing me through this process and for making my home wherever he is.

Photos by  Ragan Brooks

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

34 Comments

Susan
    March 17, 2015 at 9:37 am

I told you it would be worth all the toil and tears, and quite obviously, it is! Everything is immaculately coiffed just waiting for my arrival to christen and bless it!

Roger Tripp
    March 17, 2015 at 9:38 am

Oh Molly it’s beautiful. I knew I knew it would be! Can’t wait to come visit. So proud of you and Dave. Come do my house. 🙂

Christi Hardin
    March 17, 2015 at 10:10 am

It’s so so amazing!!

@mrsoaroundworld
    March 17, 2015 at 10:10 am

A new vocation? I love it!! Would love a tour when we are next over. I will bring the champagne

Molly
      March 17, 2015 at 10:14 am

Absolutely!! It’s a date!

Alyson
    March 17, 2015 at 10:57 am

Wow Molly, it looks beautiful! I felt like I was looking through a magazine spread. You guys did an amazing job! Can’t wait to come see it!

Anneke
    March 17, 2015 at 11:10 am

just gorgeous!! I knew you would blow away those before pictures with something amazing. You both have such a great eye for designing something beautiful. Love the detail of the frames in the stairwell. I’ve always wanted a place where I could do that.

Christina Hurley
    March 17, 2015 at 11:30 am

Your home is gorgeous! I don’t know if you even know – I do all product development for Delta Bath Hardware – the Vero collection is a great choice! I love your style!

Molly
      March 17, 2015 at 11:34 am

You do??? Man, I wish I would have known that beforehand. I bet I could have gotten a discount ;). Thanks so much fo your sweet words. Hope you are well!

Anna Feezor
    March 17, 2015 at 12:31 pm

Beautiful-digging the vintage finds, so lovely!
    Xoxo

Sandra Zaninovich
    March 17, 2015 at 1:01 pm

Wow Moleficent, gobsmacked and agog!!!! Not even Windsor Smith could have done a better job, and I mean that quite literally, having been in her home, and that having been the first thing that came to mind when I saw these pix. Can’t wait to see in person and be all pea-green with envy (even more than I am now!). And what a nice finishing touch that you look like your usual supermodel self in all photos. You and the place complement each other perfectly in the beauty and chic and cool and class dept.

Molly
      March 17, 2015 at 1:14 pm

Awe Sandra! You made my day…thank you for your sweet words. I want to see you asap!!!!

Papa Mach S.
    March 17, 2015 at 1:30 pm

More than I expected, it is just beautiful. You two have done the home and its location justice. When your neighbors will see this it will be an inspiration for them to up grade as well. Good job for the both of you. Now the front and back porch, I am sure they will become just as nice as the inside.
    Success and blessing with this “your first home”

Papa

Sascha
    March 17, 2015 at 2:49 pm

Absolutely, positively, breathtakingly A M A Z I N G ! What a gorgeous home you two have created. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, I have a bottle of Champagne that needs drinking!

Molly
      March 17, 2015 at 3:05 pm

Thank you so much!! We would love you to come over…especially if you’re bringing champagne!! 😉

Kay Dennis
    March 17, 2015 at 6:28 pm

Molly! It is gorgeous! Come home and help me do the farmhouse.

David Miller
    March 17, 2015 at 6:34 pm

Molly and Dave, it looks fabulous and the dedication to sticking to your plan is obvious. You definitely have a lot to be proud of and all the special touches you did to the house. The envy of the neighborhood I am sure.

Molly
      March 17, 2015 at 7:05 pm

Thank you so much!!

Pina De Rosa
    March 18, 2015 at 10:54 am

Molly – you outdid yourself, I loved seeing it first hand, and Ragan’s pictures truly bring out the beauty of the work you and Dave created. You are one talented (and patient) lady!! Hear me clap (and thank you for all the hyperlinks, too!) <3

Ashley
    March 18, 2015 at 10:48 pm

I love it so much Molly! I can’t belive the kitchen is IKEA! The black & white bathroom looks so luxurious
    I want to come see everything in person! You did such an amazing job, and congrats on the new place!

Molly
      March 19, 2015 at 5:54 pm

Thank you doll! I would love to see you soon!!!! xoxox

Jamal
    March 20, 2015 at 7:26 am

thats pretty f’n great work

FGW
    March 21, 2015 at 3:16 pm

It is gorgeous Molly!! I hope I can find an excuse to use your guest shower one day. Are you feeling a power-walk soon?

Fabienne Maurer
    March 26, 2015 at 4:39 pm

Wow! Beautiful job, Molly, and CONGRATULATIONS! What is your kitchen countertop? Did you get an Ikea Ceasar Stone Countertop too? It looks so white and shiny! Thanks!

Molly
      March 27, 2015 at 2:56 pm

I sure did! Everything except the cabinet pulls, the appliances and the faucet is ikea! Thank you so much!

Mia
    July 13, 2015 at 1:45 pm

Very well done. Everything looks very nice.
    Very creative and interesting.

Mia 🙂

Devra Malia
    September 16, 2015 at 2:55 pm

Tell me about the hardwood floors from start to finish .

Molly
      September 17, 2015 at 8:41 am

Hello! Happy to give you any info. What would you like to know? We had to pour 2.5 inches of concrete downstairs and quite a bit upstairs to level them out before they were installed. They are a fabricated dark wood.

Masha
    October 8, 2015 at 8:58 am

Hi! We are about to start on a renovation of our own and are planning to use the same IKEA kitchen grey cabinets with brass hardware. Brass faucets are very hard to find. The Delta faucet comes up as a “champagne bronze” color in Wayfair. Do you find that the faucet matches your brass hardware well? Thank you for all the inspiration. What an amazing renovation!

Molly
      October 8, 2015 at 10:08 am

Thanks so much for your kind words! It’s funny, we actually thought we were getting shiny brass fixtures when we ordered them (rooky mistake), but now I actually prefer the champagne bronze. It mixes and matches so much better with everything so I can use gold and silver with it and it doesn’t look weird. The brass hardware on our IKEA cabinets are also champagne bronze so those go really well with the faucet. Had I used a shiny brass faucet, I think I would have been more limited in what I could put with it. Hope this helps??

alisa
    May 14, 2016 at 8:33 am

Stunning home!! I love, love the cabinet hardware. I went to Atlas to figure out which ones they are and can’t tell. Would you be able to tell me the name or share the link. The one above just goes to their site, not the link of the hardware.

Thanks so much!!

Alisa Oliver
    May 16, 2016 at 4:41 am

Thanks so much!

Molly
      May 16, 2016 at 8:57 am

My pleasure and thanks for reading & for your kind words. Would love to see your project when it’s complete!